Easy Chocolate Bark
If you’re looking for a last-minute holiday recipe to bring to a party, I’ve got you covered! No need to make a batch of cookies when you can whip up some chocolate bark.
This chocolate bark recipe is so easy to make, and I bet you have all of the ingredients in your pantry already. Today, I’m sharing my favorite chocolate bark recipe, plus tips on how to change it up.
The chocolate bark you see here features dark chocolate (you can even use good chocolate chips), topped with toasted chopped nuts and seeds and dried cranberries.
I sprinkled it lightly with flaky sea salt, which basically makes it taste like sweet-and-salty trail mix chocolate bark. You could call it gourmet and healthy (in moderation, like everything else). Let’s make some!
Easy Chocolate Bark is a simple and delicious treat that requires minimal effort and only a few ingredients. It’s a versatile sweet treat that you can customize with various toppings and flavors. Here’s a basic recipe for making Easy Chocolate Bark:
- 12 ounces (about 340g) of good quality chocolate (semi-sweet, dark, or milk chocolate, depending on your preference)
- Toppings of your choice (e.g., nuts, dried fruits, pretzels, candy, coconut flakes, etc.)
- Prepare a baking sheet or tray by lining it with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. This will prevent the chocolate from sticking to the surface.
- Chop the chocolate into small, uniform pieces for even melting. You can use chocolate chips or a chocolate bar broken into pieces.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or a double boiler, melt the chocolate. If using a microwave, heat the chocolate in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval until the chocolate is smooth and completely melted. If using a double boiler, fill the bottom pot with water and place it on the stove over low heat. Place the chocolate in the top pot and stir until melted.
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour it onto the prepared baking sheet or tray. Use a spatula to spread the chocolate into an even layer, about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Now comes the fun part! Sprinkle your chosen toppings over the melted chocolate. You can be as creative as you like, adding a mix of nuts, dried fruits, pretzels, candies, or anything else you enjoy with chocolate.
- Gently press down on the toppings to ensure they adhere to the melted chocolate.
- Place the baking sheet or tray in the refrigerator or freezer for about 30 minutes to 1 hour, or until the chocolate has fully set.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, remove it from the fridge or freezer and break it into pieces using your hands or a knife.
- Store the Easy Chocolate Bark in an airtight container in a cool place or the refrigerator to prevent it from melting.
Enjoy your Easy Chocolate Bark as a delightful treat for yourself or package it in a decorative tin or bag to give as a lovely homemade gift for friends and family. This versatile treat is perfect for holidays, parties, or any time you need a quick and delicious chocolate fix!